Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Pregnant, pain around genital area, having genital herpes with dermatitis, no relief with Gynophillus. Can I use Valtrex?

Can I take either Zanocin or Valtrex if I m pregnant in 37 weeks? I ve got genital herpes mixed with dermatitis , and the heavy discharge in pregnancy started them. I have terrible pain on the skin around my genital area, and neither the corticoid cream nor the vaginal pills Gynophillus help me for good; in 2 days after I stop using the cream, the pain is back and I m terrified, I don t know what to do any longer. I know for sure that both Valtrex and Zanocin stop my pain, because I already used them in the past. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Valtrex is safe in pregnancy In women with recurrent hsv, it should be started at 35 weeks of pregnancy, one pill daily, to prevent recurrence. This will prevent hsv from being present at the time of delivery and avoid a c section. Zanocin is an antibiotic and is not effective therapy for hsv.
Answered: Sun, 15 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor