Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Possible to detect flexion extension movement anomalies of limb?

hi im it possible to detect the flexion extension movement -anomalies of limb. i have gone through 2 cases. me and another radiologist could not detect it.but i think on USG its impossible to detect the anomalies of movement of limb.postnatally we found the baby was in flexion movement at hip joint & knee joint.has any ultrasonologist undergone through such condition. i think its impossible to detect such things.other things were normal .even limbs .
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Only a flexion deformity of the limb is not likely to be detected on an ultrasound scan. This needs a direct physical examination to find out the tone and range of movement of the limb.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Wed, 26 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor