Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Poor mental health, disturbed, no proper response to treatment, two years to completely cure mental disease. Ways to improve mental health faster?

sir I have a Sister. She was disturb till 1 year back. We went to Several doctor but responses were not good. Atlat we went to pshychiatrist, Now she is looking ok .Doctor is Saying it will take more than two years to be treated well and also saying that disease is cured but treatment is required for the disease no to come. please advice. We want it to be ok within 6 to 9 months
Sat, 7 Jul 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Narayan
Thank you for getting in touch with us. From what I make out, your sister was diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder sometime back. It would have been better if you had mentioned the diagnosis as we would have been able to provide more information. Then also, we would like to inform you that for many psychiatric disorders, treatment carries on for a long time. The medicines available in the market these days are really effective but they have to be taken on a regular basis. Missing your doses in few psychiatric disorders can lead to complications. For most psychiatric patients, family support also is very crucial as these patients are not stable and need someone around them all the time. Please get back to us with the diagnosis and we will provide further details. Hope this helped.
Dr. Gagandeep Dhillon
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor