Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Piece of plant pierced in skin, finger swollen and hurting around the joint. Is it caused infection?

I was gardening yesterday, I had a piece of a plant i was struggling with pierce the skin on my pinky finger and i think i pulled it all out, there was no open wound to see at all. I also was working quite hard swinging a shovel to cut some roots. later my finger is swollen and hurting around the joint . it hurts to bend it down only. could this be an infection, or is it most likely just jammed, or broken.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for the query.

Thorn pricks or piece of plants can cause local infections like bacterial and fungal infections.

So you need to be started on antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medicines.
Hence consult with the physician for the prescription.

Hope this helps you better and you will get relieved soon.
Thank you.
Answered: Fri, 14 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor