Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Persistent brown spot and pink skin on the site of boil since months. How can I fix this?

Hello Doctor my name is sanjay,i am from india mumbai,2 months back i had boil on tip of my nose . While taking shower i rubbed that boil. After that it was bleeding continously. So i applied alum on that to control the bleeding,luckely it worked at that time, but on next day there was big brown painful mark on same area, Then i had rubbed that mark with towel,brown spot desapeared but almost four times skin got damaged and turned to redish pink,that was quite embarising,one of my friend suggested to apply neosporin but that didnt helped me too,after two months that area was filled,but now there is brown spot in some area and rest of the area is redish pink.when i am pressing my nose for a second then i can see normal color of nose tip but as and when i release the pressure again that circle turns to pinkish red, please doctor suggest me any cream or gel which can help me to cure brown spot and pink skin, Regards Sanjay
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
hello Sanjay!thanks for your query..
I think repeated friction/erosion on the area has prolonged the healing time and hence the scarring and a post inflammatory hyper pigmentation ( as you say the brown patch).My first advise would be not to touch it at all..every time you touch ,it gets aggravated due to friction and pigment increases. Apply a cream containing arbutin/kojic acid on the spot twice daily for one month at least.It will be slow,but will definitely lighten.You must you a sunscreen 20 mins before sun exposure in order to prevent UV rays from darkening it further.
Take care.
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor