Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Painless thyroid nodule. Normal TSH, T3 T4 levels. Inconclusive FNAC report. Surgery advised. What to do?

Dear Doctor I have a single thyroid nodule . It is painless. My thyroid TSH T3 and T4 are in normal range. On the advise of physician , i got the US of the nodule. It is solid. FNAC was done , which is inconclusive. The Thyroid scan advise the upper lobe of right thryroid part as Cold .... I donot wish to undergo surgery advised to me . I am asian , male ,61 years old... i am confused... and scared ... can u guide , what to do
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  107
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, welcome to HCM,
From your description, the lesion sound like a benign condition.

But, keeping your age in mind a chance of any follicular neoplasm cannot be ruled out.

So, surgical excision and histological examination of the lesion is must.

Answered: Wed, 14 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor