Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Painful reddish lump with bruising on the back. Cancerous one?

Hi. Imhave an apt to see dermatologist but not till end of month. In like a matter ofndays a weird reddish/brown bump appeared on my lower back with almost bruise like color going around it. It just literally popped up. Hurts in a burning way to push on bump. It is sort of a raised flat bump. I am so worried. If a cancerous thing, would it have happened so quickly? Should I wait till July 31?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  121
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

Dont worry cancers are not sudden in appearance.

You might have developed furuncle.

These are deep bacterial infections.

Treatment is with antibiotics.

Both oral as well as topical antibiotics can be used.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you

Answered: Sun, 20 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor