Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Pain under rib cage, breast bone, tender to touch, breathing problem. Concerned

i have a pain that is under my breast on the left side it is under the rib cage even the breast bone is very tender when it is realy bad like now it will take my breath away when i try to do any thing and it gose into my back i have had it for awile now i saw a doctor she did not look at she told me it was a musscl but it is not gettinh better
Wed, 16 Apr 2014
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Dear Sir/mam,
The pain that you are complaining about is commonly seen in a condition called costochondritis. The pain is usually seen just lateral to the breast bone and the area can be tender to touch . It is a common condition seen in young adults who do a lot of household activities. The best treatment would consist of reducing your activities , analgesics and ice compressions to the area involved. Hope this has helped you.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor