Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Pain in chest. ECG reading showed abnormal T wave. Suspected inferior ischemia. Further?

My ECG reading showed an abnormal T wave . I suspect inferior ischemia as I m also getting slight sharp pains in my left chest area. I m also having difficulty sleeping. I m wondering if its melatonin depletion. Do I have to see a cardiologist or will an immediate lifestyle change reverse my health. Also, I know what foods to avoid but are there foods that will be especially beneficial?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  241
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You must be investigated for Coronary Artery Disease.

The next step is stress test – TMT (Treadmill Exercise ECG) / preferably with thallium isotope – to evaluate ischemia. This is to assess the physiology (function).

If there is a suggestion, the next step is to see the anatomy. You may need catheterisation and coronary angiography with a view for possible intervention. Coronary arteriography is invasive but it is the gold standard for this. [CT angio is non-invasive study for the anatomy. If positive, she will need catheterisation, anyway.]

Diet , exercise and life style modifications are advised on the results of these tests / as also Lipids, Sugar and so on.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor