Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Open sore behind ear, smokes pot. Suspect of opiate intake. What treatment is recommended?

i think my son is on opiates.... i am afraid i am being blind or naive.... he talks me into things.. that make me believe he is being truthful.. maybe cause its too painful for me to believe... he got let go of his job of 4 years... he is not going to college.. .he is 18... he uses money like there s no tomorrow and can t account for it... I know this sounds like a stupid question.. i m sorry... i m a single parent. His dad lives 4 states away and left us when he was just 3. and does not make an effort but just chooses to blame me for everythiing and telll me what i did wrong with him... I am a paralegal and worked for ciminal defense attorney and defended drug dealers... you would think i would see this.. i know all the terms and signs... but in my own child... i cannot see them... please help me... i don t know what to do and i m alone and don t know if i have the strength to do what i need to do.... It is taking over my life as well as his.. He s been in treatment twice and was charged with possession about 7 months ago.. I know he smokes pot... that is least of my worries now as i m afraid its opiates.. His friend says he has seen him do this.... He has an open sore behind his ear.. like a pimple that is red and looks infected... and his face is breaking out.... he doesn t eat right... please help me... thank you so much!
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  92
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. I strongly recommend that you take your son to a substance abuse specialist doctor, who is usually a psychiatrist or a psychologist to get him the right treatment for the immediate acute care hospitalization may be needed and recommended. However for long term care a psychiatric rehabilitation may be necessary. I hope you can also get a court order for treatment as it seems like he is putting his life at risk as well as the life of other through not letting them function in the right way. If you can get his friend to vouch for this in a court statement it may be helpful to have him get on the path of recovery for his own benefit, although without his will.

I hope this helps. Take care of yourself and have a lovely day!
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor