Need medication for chest infection

Hi MY mom has nad a CT scan today for a shaddow on her left lung she had a xray 2 wks ago and been treated for a chest infection, She has been coughing up clear phlem. She has had no appitite but she has eaten more today could you please tell me why they woud be fast tracking this
Tue, 20 Oct 2015
HI,Welcome to HCM.
Based on the facts of your query,your mother is being fast investigated-as -she has a left lung shadow in her Xray 2 weeks ago
-and was treated with antibiotics for accompanied chest infection-
She is feeling better and has ate well today,which is due to the resolution of the lung infection.
But for her age, a shadow on x-ray at this age means -?Malignancy ? Benign Lung Tumor,leading to the obstructed segment with a accompanied infection in the affected Lung segment.
To find out and study the cause of this Suspected Lung Tumor,she is being exposed to CT Chest Study.
They might be planning Fiberoptic Bronchoscopy-after this and or / lavage of the bronchial tree nearby the affected Lung segment or the Biopsy of the Lung growth in the bronchial tree of the affected Lung segment.
This would help your doctors to plan further treatment for the shadow causing lung tumor -of your Mother.
So Just co-operate with your doctors to help your Mother to get the best possible treatment in their Unit/Hospital.

Hope this reply would satisfy you and would resolve the accompanied worries of You and your mother.
Also this reply would help you to plan further treatment of your mother's critical Lung Tumor in the best possible way,to lead to her earliest recovery.

Welcome for any further query in this regard,to be atttended in next session.

Will appreciate writing your feedback review comments,to help the needy patients like you at HCM.

Good Day!!

Dr.Savaskar,
Senior Surgical Specialist
M.S.Genl-CVTS