Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

My son is 3 yrs old and he is speaking very less, please suggest us

Madam, My son is 3 yrs old and he is speaking very less . He is understs, listens well and speak very less , for eg : only mumma, papa, etc. but has not so much fluency. please suggest us.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Feb 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  446
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Children's speech and language development follows a typical pattern. For example at first birth day the normal children speak at least one meaningful word, at the age of 2 years they should able to combined two words and at the age of 3years expected to speak in sentences .The deviation in such pattern is considered as delayed speech and language. For more information please click on:

Better consult a certified Speech language Pathologist.

Sanjay Kumar
B.Sc. (Hons.) Speech and Hearing, AIIMS New Delhi
M.Sc. Speech Language Pathology, AIISH Mysore
Consultant Speech Language Pathologist,Speech Therapist, Voice Therapist, Audiologist
Mobile :9900295717

Answered: Sun, 1 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
Madam/Sir, My son is 2.3 yrs till he is speaking very well He is understs, listens well and some poem's to be speal done.but after 2.5 to presently he is speaking very less. He is understands, listens well and speak very less, he is continue to second problems for loose motion. after medicine some days still but again repeat problems for eg : only mumma, papa, etc. but has not so much fluency. please suggest us
Answered: Mon, 22 Nov 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Take consult from a speech therapist. Make sure there is no organic problems. Some children tend to spaek late.

Answered: Thu, 18 Feb 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor