Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

My husband get infected whenever we have intercourse

Greetings!! I'm 27 years old women married before a year. Am clueless about the problem in my Uterus, because whenever we have intercourse, my husband gets infected. He took medicine also for the same. I'm really worried about this. I was married in July 2008. He was working in Bangalore and myself in Chennai. He would visit Chennai once in 15days or so. Till December, we had regular intercourse. Because of this, from January to till date, we had intercourse hardly 5 or 6 times only. Now we both are in Chennai only. I didnt become Pregnant also. I'm really worried about my health. My Periods are regular. Some months, it last for 4 days with sever flow in the first two days and some months it lasts only for three days with normal flow. Please advice me what should i do. What is my problem? Am unable to manage my stress because of this. Please give me your valuable views and suggestions for my problem.
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Let us begin by asking you to please stop worrying so much that it takes toll of your physical health. The fact remains that you need to approach a gynecologist to get yourself examined. When you go to him/her please do not tell that you have infection. Instead describe your symptoms and describe as to what happened to your husband after intercourse like he dad swelling, small abresions (Wounds/cuts) or any other difficulties. Telling a doctor that you have infection can mislead him. Coming bck to your description, the point that struck me was prolonged gap in intercouse. Such gaps can take away the desire to have sex and specially in you the fear that you might cause a infection in husband shall further prevevnt you from going into intercourse full heartedly. This leads to dry vagina in sex and friction leads to injury to foreskin of the penis and symptoms which one can easily describe as infection. Therefore before going to a gynecologist take a trial of using lubricant s.a. Lubic Gel from Neon or other water based lubricant jelly at intercourse. See if your husband is still troubled. Coming to the pregnancy part .... how can you get pregnant with intercourse frequency of one at less than a month? As things improve between you two chances of pregnancy will improve. Your menstrual flow variation fall within permissable / normal limits. Nothing alarming by the history. Watch for any bad smell (which you never had previously) in menstrual blood. It is sign of infection. Stress will prevent you from having good sex and good relationship between you to. Please be reassured once again that nothing very serious has happened. Visit gynecologist and come back to us. We are sure that you will be relieved of your anxiety when we hear next from you.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor