My heart keeps skipping beats in every two minutes

Today right after I ate lunch, I was sitting in class and my heart skipped a beat. I thought nothing of it because that happens once in a while. But it happened again. And again. And again! It kept skipping beats at LEAST every two minutes. So I started tallying and I counted 12 skipped beats in less than. probably 10 minutes. It was probably more than that because I started counting after it happened numerous times. I didn t have any caffeine or candy, or energy drinks. I ate breakfast and a salad for lunch with water. That s pretty healthy, so why did my heart keep skipping beats ? It was getting dreadfully annoying. No, there weren t any tests today. Just the same old boring school. It just kept skipping over and over. And after it stopped my heart was beating really fast.
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
's  Response
Do you smoke or take any other drugs, prescribed or recreational? At any time not just today? Were you about to take a test in class? Could be stress related. Are you sure it was your heart and not any other muscles around your chest?