My heart is pounding really fast. Should I go check it?

My heart is pounding really fast. Should I go check it out with a doctor?
Well for over a month during the day my heart will start pounding really fast. Its not when I'm exercising or nervous. I'm just sitting or walking and it will pound really fast. I hate worrying my dad about going to the doctor if its not an emergency or anything. I'm 16. I'm not nervous I'm a very joyful person so I have no ideas been going on for 1 month
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
Dear concerned: your dad loves you. You should ask him to take you to the doctors. It's better safe than sorry, it's your beautiful life. Best wishes