Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

My head has become large and i get sharp pains in it. Do i need a surgery ?

I am 16, about 5 7, 10 stone. During recent years my head shape is massively changed, not only has it grown in size, but it has become extremely bumpy and not smooth. This is a huge concern as it has seemed to have an impact on my face which has also significantly increased in width which isn t particularly good-looking. I also get sharp pains in my head a few times a day which last for about 10 seconds each. To describe my head shape further, it sticks out on each side (on the right side alot more than the left) and the left back of my head sticks out more than the right back side of my head. Please can you help me, I have been to a Doctor but she just dismissed this. Do you think I should go and see a craniofacial surgeon? Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 16 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  121
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician 's  Response
Enlargement of head and headache! I don't think you can afford to ignore it. There are multiple causes ,some serious others just benign. One of these is Hydrocephalus i..e increase in amount and pressure of fluid (CSF) in the cranium. First go to an eye specialist who will check your eyes to look for any evidence of increased intracranial pressure. You also need a CT scan or MRI of head. You should consult a Neurologist or Neurosurgeon in your town to get the right diagnosis and treatment.
Answered: Mon, 16 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor