My blood pressure is 80/60 should I see a doctor ?

It was as low as 76/47 some days ago, but it is normally about 80/60, why is it so low, is it dangerous and should I call a doctor?
Sat, 12 Feb 2011
's  Response
80/60 while lower than normal is fine provided its generally your normal blood pressure and, you don't have any other symptoms associated with it. A good test is to lay down then sit up quickly. If you have any dizziness or light headedness, then there it is probably too low. 76/47 is definitely too low. If you have that again, I'd definitely see a doctor. Also, some medications can have side effects of lowering blood pressure. If you are taking any meds, mention this to your doctor on your next visit. My BP is normally 105/70 but I was on some meds for stress a while ago and my BP was regularly 80/56 while resting yet I had no noticable effects from it.
manish's  Response
Thats too low! Are you having other symptoms? 80/60 is ok if thats normal for you, but not 76/47. How are you taking your blood pressure? There is never supposed to be an odd number unless you are using a machine. Try using a different machine. Either way you are a risk for passing out with a pressure this low. Call your doctor!