Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

My baby girl has tetralogy of fallot, how to get rid of it ?

my baby girl has tetralogy of fallot, does anyone know of a non open heart procedure to correct the problem? our doctors here in the philippines say that only way for her is an complete correction via open heart surgery. is there another way to correct the problem ?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  2 Views:  468
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
I am a 18 year old survivor of TOF. I had it when I was born and unfoturaly for me had 4 surgreies to repair it. However they did come up with a way to fix it by a catheterzation as along as its not a replace of a vavle. I could not get it cause my vavle was broken from my first surgrey, but if the vavle is not broken then it can be done. Not quite sure if all hospitals do it but there is no harm in asking. If you have anyother questions about it I will be glad to answer as much as I know- Missy. M

Hope this helps a little :) Good luck to you and your family
Answered: Wed, 14 Jul 2010
  User's Response
part of tetralogy of fallot means that major vessels of the heart are transposed or are not in the correct places, if not surgically repaired, your baby's circulation will only worsen, because there is not enough blood directed to the lungs to be oxygenated to supply the growing tissues of the organs and brain.... please follow your doctor's advice soon. The mortality rate is 95% for children over the age of 10 who are not surgically repaired.
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor