My BP was 153 ,is that right ?

My bloob pressure was 153 over some thing and they said...? thats its ok we will watch it is that right?
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
's  Response
not necessarily... but in order to be diagnosed with hypertension (high blood pressure) you have to have three readings that are greater than 140/90. many things can cause your BP to go up, so your doc may just be waiting to see what type of readings you have in the future. you may want to try checking it yourself at the drug/grocery store once every week or two, if you find that it's regularly high then you do need treatment.