Mustard oil in ears for cough. Why is ear in pain now?

Hi, I had cough and on the advice of my mother I have put hot mustard oil in my ear . After that , I started feeling little bit pain in my ear which eventually turned out the pain which was not controllable and had to take pain killer . ENT doctor advised my Moxikind (2 dose) and after taking that for 2 days , my ear looks like loosing its sense . Can you please advice if I need to continue the medication ?
Mon, 17 Sep 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
there can be mucus blcing middle ears
the cough can be viral /allergic
if you put oil/drops in ears there is increase in congestion and pressure buil up in ears causng pain
i wrte prescripton for you
take ta montair fx twice a day
syp ascoril 1/2 tsf tds
syp tossex 1/2 tsf bd
dont put an thing in ears and nose
apply neosporin h eye ointment inside nose and ears
take diclofenic for pain
do this course for 2 week
ENT Specialist Dr. Ravinder Sharma's  Response
Dear Tanu
Hello I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon
Please do not use mustard oil in ear as it is of no use infact it can cause harmto your ear drum. I would advise you for a ENT consultation and may be your will require cleaning of ear canal with suction. OR
It may settle down on its own in due course
Feel free to contact me if you need more information about it
with regards
Ravinder Sharma