Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Muscle pull in upper back around right ribs. Taken anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxer. No relief. Reason, treatment?

a week ago dr. said i possibly pulled muscle in upper back around ribs right side. he gave me antiflamatory and muscle relaxer. im still hurting. tried to vacuum and now in alot of pain. What are possibilities here? cant afford to go to dr. many times plus xrays. im 52 female, 5 4 162lbs. (gained about 30 lbs since stop smoking 1st of yr.)
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
From the history given by you it seems to be muscle pulled. Give rest for 1 week. take NSAID and Muscle relaxant for a week. Also take Calcium suppliment medicines and Tab Pregabalin 75 mg at night time for 1 month. definitly you feel the improvment.
Answered: Thu, 8 May 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor