Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

MRI shows L4- L-5 Broad based disc bulge with mild facet arthropathy, pain, can't sleep without icing. What to do ?

I have a Mri here just done on 2 20 13 L4- L-5 Broad- based disc bulge with mild facet arthropathy . Moderate + L3 -L4 small broad bacd disc bulge with tiny osteophyte formation. no stenosis and already had L5Si bone graft with Plating at three levels with rods and was hit in the rear end of truck last mouth on 17th and having a lot more pain can t sleep unless on ice and here telling me i am not able to get help
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  191
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Spine Surgeon 's  Response
Thank you for your question.

As you have had prior surgery for fusion you will need and Xray of the lumbar spine as well as a CT scan if there is any doubt on Xrays to evaluate the hardware. If the hardware is found to be intact on imaging you will need treatment with pain medication where the options are ibuprofen, naproxen, meloxicam, tramadol or even stronger one like oxycodone. Local heat will also be helpful. Muscle relaxants like Flexeril or Tizanidine will be helpful to relieve muscle spasms. Facet blocks are injections which can be tried under supervision of a specialist and can offer pain relief from painful facet joints.

Wish you the best.
Answered: Fri, 6 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor