Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Lumps on the neck, earlobes. Had lump with soreness on the neck post a bee sting. Advice?

I am 17 and I found a 2 smallish lumps on the right side of my neck. Later on I found some behind my ear and those disapeared or moved to my earlobe . I heard they are lymph nodes. Ladt week I got stung by a a bee and when I woke up the next day my neck was sore and i found a harder lump on it. I am very scared on what it is. Also before i work out i stretch and this side hurts a little. Please help
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  493
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
It is normal to have a large bump and neck stiffness after a bite of bee. These are all local reactions to the sting venom and these will subside gradually over next 5-7 days. You can take an oral antiallergic and do a hot fomentation for symptomatic relief.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Thu, 26 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor