Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Lump on the bottom right of head, pops and goes back, painful causing headache, dull pain into ears. What could it be?

I have this lump on the bottom right back part of my head, i noticed it several years ago. It pops up then goes back down. But it is hard, it doesnt move, and it hurts pretty bad also causing somewhat of a headache . Also when i was younger i used to go roller skating alot, i fell multiple times skating backwards and hit my head in the same spot every single time and never got that looked at, but you can still feel that little bump almost like a calcium deposit. So i didnt know if this lump that keep recurring over and over again could be stemming from that or what. i just know it hurts and its also sending dull pain into my ear. or so it feels like.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

You might have developed a carbuncle.

Usually it last for few days and disappear but may remain even longer

These are deep bacterial infections.

Persistant infection can be severe.

Treatment is with antibiotics but the choice of antibiotics should be based on culture and sensitivity tests.

Please get this test done and get yourself treated.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Sun, 29 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor