Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Lump above eyelid, increasing in size, painful, watery eyes. What could be this?

I have a lump just above my eyelid and yesrerday I woke up and it had gotten bigger and started to be painful last night my eyes eere waterig all night because of it and it all started when a random thick haor grew it felt like plastic it was so thick and I pulled it out and it left a lump hat was a few months ago now and like I say yesterday it began to hurt and got bigger before it wasnt really botherig me
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

You are suffering from a stye in your eye. You should perform hot fomentation and anti-biotic drops about 4 times a day. Also, take oral anti-biotic and anti-inflammatory tablets for about 5 days, If there is no yellow point. However, if there is a yellow point, infected hair follicle has to be epilated (removed) by an eye surgeon and the stye needs to be drained.

Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
From your history it seems that you might have 1, infected stye or 2, Mybabian cyst.
Go for one course of antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicine and you will be alright.
If there is Mybabian cyst then you have to go for excision of the cyst.
Put antibiotic drops in eye every 2-3 hours.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 27 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor