Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Loss of high voice, please help

My daughter is 14 years old. She is in her school's magnet choir and has always sang Soprano 1, but lately she has not been able to hit any high notes and it is really frustrating. Can you please help?

Asked On : Sat, 20 Feb 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  311
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response
You can contact an ENT doctor and a Speech Language Pathologist Both.They will help you.If vocal folds are normal that will be clear after laryngoscopic or stroboscopic examination by an ENT doctor than only by voice therapy the problem can be managed. For voice therapy speech language pathologists are the trained professionals.


Sanjay Kumar
B.Sc. (Hons.) Speech and Hearing, AIIMS New Delhi
M.Sc. Speech Language Pathology, AIISH Mysore
Consultant Speech Language Pathologist,Speech Therapist, Voice Therapist, Audiologist
Mobile :9900295717
Answered: Sun, 1 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  Anonymous's Response

She might be having some throat an ENT specialist get her examined,...especialy of teh larynx to see that it is fine nad not having infection or some growth..take treatment for that.

Answered: Sat, 20 Feb 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor