Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Liquid filled blisters. Treatment?

I take care of a gentleman who is a c6 quad. When I was getting him into bed tonight I noticed two blisters, one on either inner thigh, very large and liquid inside. I asked him what could of happened. He said that he had put hot liquid in a cup that was very hot between his legs today but he did not know it was that hot or that it burned him. How do we treat these blisters. I told him I do not think popping them is a good idea.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
These blisters are burns which are easily subjected to bacterial superinfection. Given that this gentleman is currently bedridden, this can prove extremely dangerous in him. These blisters would heal on their own. The area needs to be kept scrupulously clean and you can apply silver sulfadiazine ointment and neosporin powder to prevent the infection.
Do not rupture them as the fluid will get absorbed on their own.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Sun, 18 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor