Light blood coming out on vomiting out excess food eaten. Reason for blood to come out?

Over the last week I have been vomiting up food when I feel like I have eaten too much. I use my fingers to make myself vomit but I have noticed a bit of light red stringy blood coming up too, though there isn t much in my actual vomit. I have only been doing this just over a week and only when I feel I have just eaten too much (not after every meal). What could be causing the blood and do I need to be worried? I m not bulimic, it s just my way of dealing with excess food.
Tue, 3 Jul 2012