Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Large cyst on lower back. Burning, and fluid coming out. What should I do?

I have had a very large cyst on the lower rite side of my back.sometimes would burn if touched.became red and the middle of the cyst on the outside there is like a pin ruptured 3 days ago.itches real bad when I went to scratch it clear fluid came out with cottage cheese like has gotten smaller but am cramping on my left side where it is and aroun to my side. What should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM. thanks for the query.
It look like atheroma and this is very commonly seen.This is actually subcutaneous gland which may grow or become infalmmated. The best treatment is surgical removal under local anasthesia and this is permanent solution. If it becomes infalmmated then it will be red with pus formation and urgent surgery would be necessary. So you should visit surgeon before infalmmation occur and then it can be easily removed.
Wish you good health. Regards
Answered: Tue, 29 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor