Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Knee injury, throbbing pain, previous injury in same area. Should I use heat or ice?

I hit my knee about half an hour ago on my driveway. The edge I hit it on is jagged and is kind of sticking out. (Hard to explain) It hurts really bad and won t stop throbbing. A couple months ago I fell down the steps to my basement on the same general area ( left side of my knee). I can t really walk on it and I can t extend it all the way or bend it very far. If It doesn t feel better by the morning should I stay home? Until then should I use heat or ice? Any other tips would be helpful.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I think you should see a doctor and get it x ray. It can be a minor crack in the bone. Also till that time take ultracet tablet for pain relief , Diclofenac ointment and ice application. You should not try to bend your knee and apply compression bandage.
Answered: Wed, 23 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor