Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Knee injury after fall, no fracture. X-ray shows thickened tissue and fluid around knee. Swelling and leg pain. What to do?

Hello Doctor. I am 41 year old female. I fell and hurt my right knee , four months back. there was no fracture . but X-ray showed thickened tissues around my knees and some fluid. Now if I exert my leg ..i get swelling and pain in my right leg. I can t stand for longer times and put full body weight or pressure on my right leg. tell me what to do? i am really worried.
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  212
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

Based on the information given by you i advice you to give rest to the affected knee, ice compression, and elevation of the knee will be helpful. Along with these some strengthening exercises and perhaps physical therapy will be needed. In case of pain you can take over the counter pain killers.

I advice you to see orthopedician for examination if there is increase in symptoms.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Answered: Thu, 16 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor