Is twitch in eye a symptom of clogged tear duct?

i have what kind of feels like a twitch in my eye not the normal twitch that i have had in the past. almost like a bubble. i have had recent sinus issues, been on antibotic, got a fever blister on noce that got infected. my doc had me do the neti washes and inclued some antibotic ontiment in the wash. any chance the sensation i am feeling is a clogged tear duct? what do i do to get this to stop annoying me.
Thu, 3 Jul 2014
Hi there....

Thanks for writing in.

There are many causes of twitching of the eyelids...

Allergies, stress, eye strain , (sitting in front of the computer for prolonged periods), eye/corneal injury.

Sometimes electrolyte imbalances or calcium deficiency can also cause twitches.

Most eyelid twitches get better on its own.

However, I would advise you to visit an ophthalmologist who can rule out conditions pertaining to the eye.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan