Is tight sensation in the chest a symptom of asthma?

I am 60 year old female. I have had a chronic non-productive cough for past 3 months. Dizziness, generally feeling unwell. Extreme fatigue, no fever, chills at times. My upper chest feels tight most of the time. I do not smoke, never have, but have lived around smokers all my life. I m thinking it might be asthma. What do you think?
Tue, 10 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Even you didn't smoke, being exposed to smoke all your live makes you a passive smoker, which also has an increased risk of pulmonary diseases (asthma, COPD and lung tumor).
There are many conditions that may cause chronic cough, but considering your complaints and history, in my opinion it might be asthma, or COPD(Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
You should consult a pneumologist, for lung examination, to perform X-ray or spirometry(lung function test).

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.