Owl Image

Is there any treatment for nuchal thickness of fetus ?

my sister is 4 month pregnant now and we found tht thr was a nuchal thickness at 3mm to the baby.is there any preventive injection to avoid this NT.is NT increase when baby grows..what can we do now.
Sun, 1 May 2011
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi!
welcome to healthcaremagic.com.NTT or nuchal thickness is measurement of skin behind baby's neck.it gives evidence to underlying chromosomal diseases.Normal thickness is less than 3mm.An NT measurement of up to 2.0mm is normal at about 11 weeks, and up to about 2.8mm by 13 weeks and 6 days. Since thie is the upper normal you need not worry other than take repeat scan after a month to see.Take care.