Is there any chance of mumps coming for second time?

I am a 61 year old female. I had mumps when I was a teenager. Is it possible that I could have them again? The salivary gland on my left side is very painful and swollen (feels like a hard lump). It hurts when I eat. Today I had a fever and tingling sensation in my arms and hands. It actually started on the right side a few weeks ago but went away and then came back with a vengeance on the left side.
Mon, 20 Oct 2014
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Thank you for your contact to healthcare magic.
I understand your health concern, if I am your doctor I suggest you that yes mumps can happen for second time. You should take analgesics like tablet diclofenac, and Amoxycillin for infection caused by bacteria.

I will be happy to answer all your future concern.
Thank you,
Dr Arun Tank
Infectious disease specialist.
Wish you a best health at health care magic.