Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Is there a surgery to remove the indentations on the skull?

Hi, I was wondering if there are any surgeries available that can remove indentations in the skull . Is there a way a doctor can add something under my skin to shape it differently, so that it could look more similar to the other side of my face? My indentation is very mild and can be hid with my hair, but often it bothers me, because of the way it looks when I have my hair up. It comes from when my mother was giving labor. I wouldn t come out, so the doctor had to use a tool to get me out, which is what caused it.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  225
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for your query
Most probably,your doctor might have used FORCEPS for your delivery.
It should get rectified as you grow.
The skull bone is hard and it can't be altered.
Please stop worrying.
You can Consult a Neurosurgeon and get his/her advice.
Wish you good health
Answered: Fri, 25 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor