Is the pain in the lower part of my neck associated with arthritis?

I'm 78 & have had Parkenson's for at least the last 6 years. I have a pain in my neck which hurts when I turn it sideways & makes a popping like noise when I move it sideways. I have family history of arthritis & when I told my family Dr. about this he said that it was arthritis, My P.D. is fairly mild with some memory problems & hand tremors. This pain is also in the lower part of my neck also. Any idea what it is & what I can do to help it?
Fri, 28 Jun 2019

The symptoms can be related to rheumatoid arthritis. I recommend doing an X-ray of the neck and blood tests to confirm the diagnosis.

I suggest using anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen three times a day. I also suggest physical therapy for relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician