Is swelling in the ankle a symptom of a torn peroneal tendon?

Fell off a ladder in January or February of this year and thought I sprained my left ankle. Still sore, still swollen, still discolored. Sometimes when I walk there is a popping sensation and noise. Did I tear a peroneal tendon or do I wait longer because I am 67 and things don t heal as quickly as they used to?
Tue, 10 Jul 2018
Hi. welcome to "Ask A Doctor" service. I have read your question and here is my advice.
Infact If there is still swelling and bruises , not only pain then in think it's better to get an MRI of the foot done. Though it might be only strain but if the swelling is still there after such a long time in would advise you should get it cheked to be sure we don't miss anything serious .

Hopes I have answered your question. I will be glad to answer any further question about this.
kind Regards
Dr Rahman.