Is root canal treatment dangerous ?

is root canal treatment dangerous?
Tue, 6 Aug 2013
Dentist, Endodontics 's  Response
Definitely not.. Root canal treatment is done to save your tooth. Root canal therapy is required when the pulp that is the innermost tissue in the tooth is infected. RCT removes that infection. Post a root canal, a tooth is crowned or capped to prevent it from breaking away. Though never dangerous, it is important that skilled hands do the procedure. An endodontist or a root canal specialist is the specialist who specializes in the same field.

Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response

Root canal treatment is not at all a dangerous procedure.

It is usually done to remove the pulpal as well as periapical infection within the tooth.

Take amoxycillin prior to procedure.

The procedure is performed under local anaesthesia.
So need to be panic.

Visit a root canal specialist or endodontist for further information.

tavleen's  Response
I had RTC (Root Canal Treatment) done in one of my tooth. But unfortunately the doctor was not skilled enough. The crown came off after three years and finally I had to remove the tooth completely. This is the maximum danger it can happen after a RTC. However if the doctor is good then its not a problem at all. One of my friend is having done it long back and everything is fine since last 20 years. Yes it is painful and time taking.