Is poor weight gain in an infant result of low breast milk production?

Hi, my baby is 6 months old, i started to provide formula when he was 4 months old. Now i started leptaden tablet. (2 tb thrice in a day) i got a satisfactory result but not good. I give him 120 ml lactogen milk thrice in a day and twice in the night. It means 20 oz in 24 hrs. My baby weight is 7.5kg. I am giving him 20 oz in a day, does it mean the secretion of my milk is very low. And one more thing whenever i take this tab at night, i feet itching on my body.
Mon, 25 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Inadequate milk secretion is very very condition. 7.5 kg at 6 months is satisfactory weight. Babies are to be started on complementary feeding at completion of 6 months. For diet home made culturally accepted food is to be used. Visit pediatrician for further detailed dietary advise. Also continue breast feeding till 2 years. Many times the fear in mothers is irrational. Doubts can be cleared assessing weight gain over the period for the baby. You need proper counseling and dietary advise.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.