Is persistent cough and wheezing symptoms of a chest cold?

I ve had a chest cold for 3 days. I had a fever but it went away. Now I have a persistent cough that ends in a rattling in my chest and feels unproductive. Is this just the course of the chest cold? I had a small section of my lung cut out a year ago Sept because I had a suspicious node and they thought it was lung cancer. Fortunately it wasn t but they never figured out what it was, just some kind of fungus. That s why I worry.
Tue, 5 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

In some cases of chest cold post viral mild bronchitis can be present and leads to dry cough.

If it persist for more than week than investigate with chest x ray and Auscultation also should be done.

Check your CBC as well.

If dry cough more than antihistaminic drug can be prescribed

Hope this will help you

With reports I can guide you further if cough persist