Is over eating apricot seeds fatal ?

My friend had intake 40 seeds at one time. But now she is perfectly alright.. Is apricot seed overdose can cause death?
Mon, 30 Jan 2012
's  Response
Apricot kernels contain Laetrile, considered by some to have anti-cancer effects. Critics of Laetrile warn the public that eating apricot kernels is dangerous: They can make you sick and can even be fatal. The professional literature provides some evidence that negative effects can occur if you eat a lot of kernels at once, but unfortunately it tells us very little else.Fatal dose of apricot is 80 kernels to 560 kernels per day, and for a 140 pound woman, 65 kernels to per day 455 kernels.