Is it safe to have hot baths during pregnancy?

Hello, I’m 12 weeks pregnant and just realized that hot baths are not suggested during pregnancy. I’ve read that hot baths can raise body temp which is not good for baby. I have taken a warm to hot bath everyday since September. However, I only stayed in the tub for 5-10 minutes max, to where I never got hot or overheated. Also, the water in the tub never submerged my stomach, it reached my lower stomach if that. I’m just worried and need some feedback.
Wed, 21 Aug 2019

Staying for long in hot baths is not recommended because it may lower the blood pressure due to vasodilation and it can make you fall. You can have warm baths as usual and be careful while getting out of Bath.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Olgeta Xhufka, General & Family Physician
General & Family Physician Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 's  Response