Is it safe to continue Paxidep CR for depression when planning to conceive?

Hi, I am taking Paxidep CR 12.5 mg for depression, at the same time I am also planning for baby (not pregnant yet), Is it safe to continue with the medicine as I have read many posts that it may cause heart deffects in new born baby. Shall I stop taking medicine or I can stop later after I have conceived?
Tue, 10 Sep 2019

If you are trying to conceive, you should review all your medicines(and not only PAXIDEP) with your clinician, to ensure that they are safe to take. Please visit your clinician.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr AJEET SINGH, General & Family Physician