Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
126 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Is homeopathic or ayruvedic treatment good for excessive hair fall?

Hello sir /Madam My wife is suffering from hair falling in large quantities (in front of forehead) to previous two months as she is taking her IVF treatment so tell me what should she go to her in treatment to Allopathy or Homeopathic treatment. Or Ayurved .
Mon, 10 Jun 2019
Report Abuse
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response

1. As you are undergoing IVF treatment which causes hormonal changes/ disruption leading to hair fall, but it should grow back once hormones are stable, also the so-called female pattern hair loss due to this hormonal changes during IVF and the stress associated with it can also contribute or work as provoking/aggravating factor(s) for hair fall/thinning.

2. Thus, initially in combination with your attending Physician, hair specialist, and relevant blood examination one can establish the cause of hair fall and whether it can be treated medically or not, till then

- Soap nut and shikakai along with Bhringraj and Neelini oil act as a natural conditioner, you can use it safely.
- Apple, almond, banana, broccoli, cantaloupe, melon, carrot, cashew nut, corn, cauliflower, grapes, guava, lemon, mango, orange, pineapple, soybean, spinach have antioxidant properties so take them in plenty.
- Vitamin B1 and B2, Omega-6 and Zinc, magnesium, biotin should be a part of regular vitamin intake, apple cider vinegar, Olive Oil or Coconut Oil, raw aloe vera juice applied directly to the scalp.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Munish Sood, Ayurveda Specialist
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi doctr. i m suffering from excess hai fall from 1 yr but frm last 2-3 nnths it bcomes worst. i m taking homeopathic medicine for irregular...