Is folic acid advisable for good health?

Hi i am aa male and my age is 4 years. can i use folic acid tablets for health purpose? because i read somewhere that folic acid tablets are just for pregnant women. but 1 of my friend suggest me to take 1 folic acid tablet daily for good health so can i take or not?
Thu, 13 Nov 2014
HI
Well come to HCM
Folic acid is just not given to pregnant woman but this can be given in many medical conditions, and not just given in pregnancy, second before taking folic acid better to get done the serum folic acid estimation if this is low then and then you can have the folic acid else this is would be of no use, take care.