Is fatigue normal after recovering from walking pneumonia?

I m just getting over walking pneumonia. Completed antibiotics a week ago. Now I feel very fatigued when I try to go out of the house and run errands. I end up walking in a store and then out and going home. Is this normal after having this or could this be a symptom of something else.? I m 65 years old.
Thu, 14 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Generally, following infection and its treatment, there will be some amount of fatigue present, which is more evident in elderly age group. You need to take protein, vitamin, and mineral supplements for 2 to 3 weeks, which will help you to overcome it gradually. You can restore to your routine gradually by about a month time. Kindly do the necessary follow-up as advised by your doctor.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Ashakiran. S.