Is drinking soft drinks dangerous for type 1 diabetes?

should someone who's type 1 diabetic drink coca cola?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

No, he/she should not as it has many empty calories.

I am a 17 year old male with type I diabetes. Lately I ve been experiencing an excessive thirst not linked to high blood sugars. I drink so much water when I feel this way that I experience nausea, yet I m still thirsty. Is there anything that I can do to help this?

Hi. My spouse has had Type 1 diabetes for 41 years. She had a leg angioplasty 3 months ago and has been suffering with night pains, cramps and coldness in the affected leg since. We have tried calf and anterior tibialis massage with Magnesium sulfate lotion, Pnf stretching exercises for the ankle and toes. She also ingests a magnesium carbonate drink in the evenings. Her walking program has not been going well because of her foot and calf pain. Do you have some suggestions on how to deal with the night pains and cold sensations? thank you.

Hi. My type 1 diabetic daughter was recently in hospital and spent a good deal of time unconscious. She was hooked up to dextrose and saline drips. I ve had her blood reports through and the insulin level in her blood, whilst she was unconcious was 1100. I know this is very high and potentially very dangerous. Is this a dangerous level - she is 13. I m unsure what a normal insulin level would be compared to this result? Thanks