Is diarrhea after taking Levsin a symptom of an allergic reaction?

57yr old male. I was recently prescribed Levsin for my irritable bowel. I am also lactose intolerant. I have taken Levsin only a few times before meals and it seemed to make me gassy. Today I took it 30 min before every meal and had to have a bowel movement immediately after breakfast and lunch. I took it 30 min before dinner and immediately after eating I had serious case Of diarrhea. This is not the outcome I was hoping for. Is this an allergic reaction?
Fri, 8 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Levsine help by decreasing the motion of the stomach and intestines and the secretion of stomach fluids, including acid.
So,I dont think that diarrhea is related to this medication.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.