Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
142 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Is an orthopedic consultation advisable for overlapping of tibia and fibula?

I’ve been working out for about 8 months now and noticed something weird about my leg bones. When I squat I feel both my tibia and fibula shift and “crossover” each other. Almost feels like a partial dislocation. Not sure what this is. Should I go see a sports doctor or an orthopedic?
Mon, 5 Mar 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

You can see either of these specialists because either one would be able to assess you.

You would likely need imaging of the bones of the lower limb to determine if there is any abnormality present. It would be best to avoid any aggravating movements till you are assessed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Michelle Gibson James
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My husband is 43, 6 ft tall, 220 lbs and took a fall on the ice on Friday afternoon. He went to a small hospital ER for original diagnoses. He has...