Is an orthopedic consultation advisable for overlapping of tibia and fibula?

I’ve been working out for about 8 months now and noticed something weird about my leg bones. When I squat I feel both my tibia and fibula shift and “crossover” each other. Almost feels like a partial dislocation. Not sure what this is. Should I go see a sports doctor or an orthopedic?
Mon, 5 Mar 2018

You can see either of these specialists because either one would be able to assess you.

You would likely need imaging of the bones of the lower limb to determine if there is any abnormality present. It would be best to avoid any aggravating movements till you are assessed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Michelle Gibson James